Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I am really hoping someone can advise me on this, because I am stressed out and don't know what to do.

I have 2 indoor cats. I am putting my house on the market and plan to sell it so I've been fixing it up. There is an outdoor cat that I feed that got into a fight with another animal and it tore a 1 in piece of flesh off. It was not healing properly so I decided to take him to the vet, and I also got him neutered so he is recovering in my house.

The problem is he is spraying everywhere now, and that is not good for the sale of my home. I luckily pinpointed the scent and cleaned it up, but now I'm having to keep him in 1 room and not only is he probably very unhappy in there, that room is beginning to stink. I am really worried that this will impact the sale of my home.

I decided to get him a leash so that maybe I can keep him outside a couple hrs a day so he's not totally miserable, but I think he might be scraping on stuff outside because his wound started oozing and bleeding after I brought him back in, so I took him to the vet, but I guess it was normal.

I refuse to let him run around outside until he is fully healed, but in the meantime, does anyone have any advice on the best way to handle this? I can't show a house that smells like cat spray. I guess getting him neutered didn't help for that.

It's also stressing out my cats to have him inside.

Thank you for any advice you can give.

·
Registered
5,554 Posts
If I were in that situation and didn't have a large dog crate to keep him in temporarily, I'd keep him in a bath room because they are easier to clean with disinfecting soap/detergent, etc. than if he were in a bedroom or some other room. Hopefully he'll heal up quickly. All the best!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi all

He has a cone around his face and stitches that are heali9ng. Now my cat escaped from it's leash and it's running around God knows where with a cone on it's head. I am very worried that he will not be able to defend himself and his wou8nd is probably going to get re-opened somehow.

So what do I do now? Is he in danger now that he is out on the streets with his head confined? I am worried sick. What now?!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I suggest to pen him up temporarily. How long does the cone need to be on?
Thank you for answering. I need to find him first. I have no idea where he is and I am terrified another animal is going to take advantage and attack him. I feel like the worst pet caretaker ever!!!!

·
Registered
652 Posts
No, you're not the worst pet caregiver ever! You clearly care a lot about him! I don't think that another animal would attack him. When was he neutered?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, you're not the worst pet caregiver ever! You clearly care a lot about him! I don't think that another animal would attack him. When was he neutered?
He was neutered last Wed but he also had stitches for a gaping wound on his hip when he was attacked, so he's been wearing it since then. He's supposed to get it off next Monday, but he's been anxious so I tried to let him outside for a couple hrs a day. I was able to track him down though. Thank you for responding to this thread. I'm not too impressed though with the way this community doesn't really help, so I probably won't post here again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts