Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I noticed that Tyson was acting a little weird after he pooed. He dragged his butt on the carpet and started running around... when I got ahold of him, there was string coming out of his butt! My bf pulled it out (it was just stuck to his butthole I think, and not lodged inside) and Tyson stopped acting weird.

So... I know it's not good that he managed to ingest some string and have no idea where he could've gotten it from. Just wanted to check to make sure that I don't have to take him to the vet -- he's acting just fine now and his stool was normal.

Any thoughts?

Thanks guys,
Brite

·
Registered
611 Posts
Never pull string that's sticking out of their butts. It could be a long string that is tangled in the intestines, and as such you could end up doing some serious harm.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
That's true....you can always give it a little experimental tug (not hard!) to see how far it goes; if there's any resistance--off to the vet.

In Tyson's case, you're probably okay but do watch him closely for straining in the box, diarrhea, vomiting, lethargy or decreased appetite. There could be more string up higher that could still result in a blockage.

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will keep an eye on him, but so far so good... he seemed to poo fine and is being energetic as usual :)

Thanks for the advice Dr. Jean & TAsunder!

-- Brite

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
Sounds like something Sugar would do. She swallowed lots of balloon string last time and threw it all up along with her food. Hope your kitty is ok :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts