Cat Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've got a conundrum with my felines. In February, Marcus had an attack of struvite crystals. Thankfully I caught it soon, but he was still at the vet for three days. They put him on S/D diet and he's been on that since Feb. However, my other cat, Galen, has grain allergies, and he's been scratching up a storm, and there are awful scabs behind his ears. I don't like the quality of S/D diet (I understand it works, but with the first three ingredients being "brewer's rice, chicken by-product meal, pork fat" I'm not a fan) and it makes Galen scratch, and Marcus get fat.

So what am I going to do? I understand from googling/research that the best thing to do is feed them a diet of grain-free wet food, because that satisfies Marcus' need for high water intake to prevent crystals and Galen's allergies. But I'm looking to supplement with a good quality dry food that isn't going to murder my budget (I'm on a really tight budget because I spent SO much money trying to save my cat, who sadly passed away, and then Marcus' struvite attack) and his current food is breaking my budget. I bought some Natural Balance alpha cat today (mainly because I get employee discount on NB), would that be a good dry food supplement? What *is* the best diet for struvite cats and allergy cats? Help is appreciated, since I know a lot of vets push the science diet at people.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts