Cat Forum banner

Struvite Crystals

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  grace_87 
#1 ·
My cat, Irma, was diagnosed with Struvite crystals, so I immediately started the process of switching her to a raw meat diet. It's been a kinda slow process....she is 14 years old & only eaten dry food her whole life.

I started with wet food & then gradually included raw chicken....but that is ALL she will eat. no matter what kind of good smelling "juice" (tuna, wet food etc) I add, she refuses to eat beef, chicken gizzards & hearts, or anything but the chicken breasts with wet catfood on them....even if I cut everything up into little bite size pieces for her.

Got any good sneaky tips to get her to be a little more adventurous? All the rest of the cats are quite enjoying everything I put before them (no "juice" needed)...she's my only holdout (& she is the one who needs it the most!) :p

I will add, that what she IS eating seems to be helping. She is't peeing outside the box anymore. YAY!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.