Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every winter, there seems to be at least 2 or 3 of these stupid people on CL! I just don't understand how anyone with an ounce of common sense can think it's ok to put an inside pet, outside, in the middle of winter! A Wisconsin winter too! It's a guaranteed death sentence if you ask me! This person listed her email address on her post, so I felt it necessary to email her, and we've been having words! :p I don't care, it just ticks me off, and by her emails, there's a reason for her stupidity!

Her add also shows two photos of her cats snuggling, and sleeping on her bed, so these are definitely indoor cats. Sad!

looking for a farm

Date: 2011-01-29, 3:32PM CST
Reply to: [Errors when replying to ads?]

hi my name is Lisa and im looking for a good farm for 2 of my cats there names r garfield n rosebud they are pretty good cats email me at XXXXXX im putting pixs up of them

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

·
Super Moderator
26,492 Posts
Maybe she thinks barns are kept warm in the winter and they're peeing in the house.

??

Or maybe she's just an idiot...

·
Premium Member
2,855 Posts
That was my first thought too: Are they peeing in the house? I can't see a reason to request a barn unless there is some extreme reason like that. Or maybe they're destructive or very high energy and she somehow thinks a barn would be best for behavior like that?

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She said "she loves her cats to death", and the reason she's doing this is because she has to many. In speaking to her, she really has no clue. It's 17 degrees here now, and it's been snowing all day. A barn is not going to shelter this cat from the cold weather, it will keep it out of the snow, but there will be no escape from the freezing and cold. And unless someone is diligent about feeding the barn cats, and keep heated water available for them to drink, these cats will have to very quickly learn to fend for them selves.

These cats are used to being in warm weather, this is NOT the time of year to be putting a cat out to the barn, but she says "it won't hurt them, they'll be fine." Cruel!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I don't understand either. However from my conversations with people, it seems the general public have a misconception of cats and dogs in winter. They think that because the cats and dogs have fur coats, they'll survive the cold no problem. Um, right. Then how come I see animals at the shelter with frostbitten paws and noses?

As you've said, cats have lineage from warmer climates. Regardless, I always say, why don't you put on a coat and sit outside for a couple of hours? You'll be lucky to have all your fingers and toes intact.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I asked her to go stand outside with no jacket, boots, or gloves, and see how long she lasts. I mean, I tried to be helpful, but some people just don't want help I guess. It's so sad that it's the animal that will suffer because of her stupidity.

In all honesty, my guess is that she wants to replace the adult cats with a cute cuddly kitten or two, but I don't know that to be true, so.......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts