Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep reading posts about cats that wake up their owners early in the morning.
My cats are the opposite. I have to wake them up.
sat. I was watching TV late, went to be about 3:00 am
The cats were sleeping on the couch while I watched TV.
I slept in until about noon and then was lazy so I watch a 2 1/2 hour long movie on my iPad in bed. Finally got up about 3:00 in the afternoon. The cats stayed in bed the whole time. I had to actually tell them to get up. They missed breakfast and lunch and never heard a peep from them.
They never wake me when I'm sleeping and will sleep as long as I'm in bed.
My 11 year old is kinda lazy anyway but my Savannah can go a hundred miles an hour but not when I'm sleeping. The worst the savannah does is when I first go to bed he does get rowdy for about a half an hour then goes to bed with me. That is the time he jumps on the counters where he isnt suppose to be.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mine are also pretty good now that they arent kittens any more, they used to go mad all night and run riot trying to wake me to the point I had to shut them out of the bedroom. They're now quite well behaved and will let me sleep but as soon as they see I've woken up they just bombard me until I actually get out of bed and serve breakfast. There is no use in rolling over for an extra ten minutes cause as soon as my eyes are open it's breakfast time!

·
Registered
435 Posts
Ritz tells me she wants to go to bed (so she can join me) by sitting in the hallway and meowing loudly. At 7:30 p.m.
To be fair, she gets me up at 4 a.m. so it's only fair for her to tell me what time she/we gotta go to bed. Whose the mom here?

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Al my cats and dogs will sleep until I get up. But then my alarm goes off at 5:30 am, which tells them they can squeeze in 15 minutes of pets and snuggles before I actually get up. Then the dogs stare at me from their bed giving me the "eye". you know the one.. that says "gotta go potty mom". Then the cats follow me around watching me get the kids ready for school before getting loud about breakfast, usually the moment I am back from the bus stop. on a non school day they will sleep in with me, without a peep. When Gypsy knows I am awake though, nothing stops her from romping full blast through my room, impacting the bed and pouncing on me, just for the pure joy of it. I have woke up many mornings with Pepper's nose in my eye as she tests to see if i am awake or not.

Of course when I have to wake them up, they just double in body weight and pretend I am not there.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Daww, you're making me miss my cats...they're at my mums....I can't wait till i see them and then they can snuggle up with me!

Oh yeh, the post, yeh, mine are very good too. They don't wake me up, but when i'm awake and lying in bed in the morning my black cat will do his usual 'let's lick mummy incessantly until she gets the hint i want my food.'
But my tabby will just wait, or sleep, or attack my feet but more because he's just plain nuts than because he wants food.

·
Registered
528 Posts
My Geets wakes me up around 7 am. I can't complain. He used to wake me up earlier. I used to think he was a brat for doing this. He's not. He's just a cat. Other than scratching my face when he's on the stand next to my chair, I have nothing to compain about. He loves me even though i hate it when he scratches my face. I guess I should contact Jackson (my cat from **** on animal planet). He is definitely not the cat from ****. I've heard much worse from other cat owners. He's the one who greets me at the door, not Razzle (my heart kitty).

Kathy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts