Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Midnight, the wild cat, is the first black cat that has lived under the porch. He also thinks he owns the place now as he takes up a guard position at the front door when he is not patrolling the woodlands with the foxes. :grin:

·
Registered
979 Posts
I'm so glad to hear there are black cat lovers out there. For some reason it seems like at least 1/2 the cats at shelters and rescue around here are black.

When we adopted Io (a torbie) our 2nd choice was a beautiful sleek black girl with stunning orange eyes. Unfortunately she (Raindrop was her name) had just been taken in and was quite sick. Last I heard she was still recovering and isn't adoptable yet.

·
Premium Member
9,126 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!
I always love the "under dogs." Black cats are exceptional.
This is Ace who is waiting for his forever home!

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I always love the "under dogs." Black cats are exceptional.
i love the underdogs/underCATS, too. our all-white Angel just happened to be the biggest lovable, but sad undercat the day we went to the shelter, though. she'd been their longest resident there for 2 1/2 years. can't get any more UNDER than that.

our 1st kitty was black and white. the kitty we're in line to adopt right now is all black, though. can't wait to bring her home and get both black and white hairs all over my clothes now!:cat3:blackcat

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I have a dilute tortie named Zazzle! Well, she's a feral... but according to the county law, I own her because I feed her and took her to the vet ;p

I was only supposed to foster Nebula, but after 3 years, I figured I might as well just keep her. Her name was Lily, but I didn't like that. Named her Nebula because she's mostly black with a few little white hairs all over like stars, and one bigger smudge on her hip like a cloud nebula in outter space :)

I volunteer at a rescue group, and the director's husband LOVES black cats. Every time we get one in, the first thing she says is "NO!" right at him, because he's automatically going to ask if they can take it home LOL
Since we're a no-kill place, we've had cats in our program waiting 3+ years for homes :/

·
Registered
328 Posts
I love black cats. Our beautiful Lily (who unfortunately lost a battle to FIP 3 months ago) was black. She just had such beautiful silky fur, and a great personality. She always looked so regal.

Both of our cats right now are black and white (one a sort of tuxedo, and the other a "cow cat,") and I love black and white ones, too! :)

·
Registered
239 Posts
welcome to the forum

I too love black cat's as well as all other colour cat's lol

here is my beautiful pure black apart from a few stray white hair's on her chest, mini panther 'Meeca' she is so sleek nn shiny & a real lil diva :)

the white spot on her nose is paint lol

& my lil angel 'Tulah' she is black with a lil white patch on her chest & bikini area Tulah is a quiet lil thig so perfectly behaved & sweet natured

·
Premium Member
9,126 Posts
Blackcatdude you’ve struck a chord with your post! As you can tell lots of us have special places in our hearts for black cats, just like you! :heart

Victoriax, your kitty looks so much like a black cat a friend of mine rescued when visiting Dubai. They have that regal sphinx look. How beautiful!

Vivid Dawn, I’ve always thought your name of Nebula was such a great name for a black cat. I’m always tucking great names away in my mind. Sometimes you have to come up with a name, quickly, for a rescue cat. There has to be a name when going to the vet or wed never be able to keep track of who is who with all the vet visits. we send home vet records with our adopters of their cats and kittens

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
We have 2 kittens we rescued, who were barely 11 ounces at 8 weeks! o_O
They're now getting up to 2 pounds, and quite rambunctious. And haven't been named... so far it's "Little boy" and his sister is "Munchkin" ....er, those are their names when they're being good, anyway ;) The other names..eh, I think I'd be kicked off the forums if I told those ones LOL

·
Registered
23 Posts
I love black cats. When they are healthy and sleek and shiny--so pretty. But I have read they are less likely to find homes, so good for you!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I like black cats myself, but my mom has this silly thing that she is afraid of them. I'm afraid she wouldn't visit me anymore if I had gotten one lol

There are a lot of black cats in the shelters, unfortunately. One local shelter here is actually having a "black and white" adoption promotion right now, where black cats or black/white cats have their adoption fee cut in half. I hope it works for them!

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Kitty, you should tell your mom that in Europe it is believed having a black cat in the home brings good luck.
Now if we can just get America to adopt that opinion!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts