Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dylan has gone from biting me fingers to sucking on them now! He'd suck on my finger for ages if I'd let him and goes into a lil trance like stare 8O

If I try and move my finger away to stroke him or anything he'll just try and grab onto my arm with his front paws to try and get at my finger again...

Now it's not a huge problem (excpet when he dribbles lol) but should I keep discouraging him or what and will he grow out of it?

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
I'd discourage this behavior only because it's your finger and we're supposed to discourage them "playing with our hands".....ya know?

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but it's sooooo cute! lol

He is a lil obsessive about it so guess I'll have to try and stop him doing it...

·
Registered
676 Posts
Unfortunatly you probably should.
Once in a while with cats who are young enough and gentle with their mouths I will allow teething kittens to do this but that's all.
Everyone loves cat drool!

·
Registered
98 Posts
lol, Skunky used to do this after i weined him. he would literally try to stick my whole finger down his mouth when he did it. The most embarassing thng is he did it to visitors too. Everyone thoguht it was adorable. to break him of it i had to convince all my visitors to not let him do it. he eventually grew out of it.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Cleveland used to do that as a kitten, he'd curl up on my lap and such my little finger. He still does now and again, especially at night, curled up in bed.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dylan doesn't do it to anyone else except me... But there again I am the person he is in contact with the most because my boyfriend works loads.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I have a thumb-sucker...he did it nightly as a kitten, but eventually he grew out of it. And you know, I kind of miss it. Every now and then when he's especially lovey he'll do it for a few seconds; it really *is* adorable! (Of course, he just turned 7 and weighs about 14 pounds, so I guess he's not my little baby any more!)

Cheers.
Dr. Jean

1 - 11 of 11 Posts