Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once again my Sammy is confusing me with his antics. For those who aren't familiar, he is a 11mo, neutered DMH. He is the more dominant out of the 2 boys, but there are never any issues other than lots of wrestling. (Boys!) :roll: And, the fact that Sam is always sucking on the tip of Zach's tail. :? I've tried every bitter spray out there along with white vinegar and even hot sauce from Taco Bell (yah, probably not the best idea) but the point is, nothing has worked! They have tons of toys and boxes to entertain them and he is scolded when we catch him at which point he backs off but only till we're not watching.

Now, he's not really biting on it but I have noticed the hair thining out and its just crusty and gross. :dis Zach is too submissive to do anything more than just lay there and growl. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Try the tail and replacing it with a stuffed animal when he goes into suckling mode. It's a comfort thing, what they did with mom and some of them it takes forever to grow out of. I have one that kneads my head and sucks my hair all night long. :roll:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm pretty sure its not suckling behavior. They both have a very soft blanket that they nurse on. In fact, its usually when Zach is focused on nursing on the blanket that Sammy starts licking and sucking on his tail. When watching Sam's behavior, he seems very fixated like an obsessive response. Its the same look he gets when biting at jewelry or playing with a catnip mouse.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts