Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doc just found my dressing gown whilst in a pretty playfully aggressive mood... its usually play time. he immediately transformed and started obsessively kneading and suckling at my dressing gown! in a total trance. What do you think? he just likes the material alot?.. reminds him of mum? I thought he would be too old for that. I was worried he would try and mount that too but he was 0poooooooooooooooooooooooonly interested in snuggling up with it/

until he discovered typing just then hahha

and then he goes straight back to the blanket. wow.

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
The material of your dressing gown if it's soft and plushy reminds him of momcat's soft belly when he was nursing. Kneading is an instinctive action that kittens learn very quickly as it helps the momcat relax and 'let down' her milk. Most cats find this a soothing activity, and mine both still do it at 7 years old, when they sit in my lap.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yeah all of mine to this to my two favourite blankets and also my fur throws I was given.

They've always done it, I it's just been normal to me, you'll just have to wash the dressing gown more often lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.