Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beren and I have been doing really well. He may cry a little at my door at night, but he's fine after a few squeaks.

Well, last night, he suddenly decided I couldn't leave a room without him. I took a shower and he cried (loudly) the entire time. And I had to lock him in the bathroom when I slept because not even the vacuum would scare him away.

Any ideas why he'd suddenly go nutso like this? He won't leave me alone for more than five minutes at a time. He's annoying Wyn, too. Meh. I can't figure out why the quick change from independent to needy.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
He is just getting attached to you, he is still a kitten and needs affection, at first he didn't as he was unsure about you, now that he's got to know you more, he knows you are caring, loving and he feels safe around you, kittens are loving little creatures.
As for the shower, Tiger cries when I'm in the shower, he hears the water coming down and wants to rescue me from it (I think anyway), so I let him in the bathroom and say hi to him a couple of times :D
Beren is just being a kitten :wink:

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Beren is just being a kitten. :eek:rcat

Arianwen watches me when I shower, and sometimes she peeks in. She gets startled and jumps back if she gets splashed, though.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry guys... I know he's still a kitten. It was just the suddenness of his change from being independent to being needy - and then last night he was fine again. I didn't know if, perhaps, anyone knew whether something frightening could cause a kitteh to get like that.

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Beren may have had a little scare, possibly smelled or heard another cat outside your house. He just needed his meowmie to reassure him.

·
Registered
49 Posts
One of mine is ALWAYS right there, he gets stepped on a lot actually, he hast learned yet, but there is one, depends on her mood, the other two could care less about me, untill it is dinner time!!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It must've been a scare of some kind... He's back to "normal" now, anyway. :D

Thanks, guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts