Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night, Keeter started vomiting while we were sleeping. We woke up to many different places she'd done it and it didn't seem to have any consistancy at all, kinda watery. My bf thinks she's ok, she's drinking water and is acting the same as she always does (then again, she's 11 yrs old and sleeps alot anyways!). It's hard to tell if she's eating or not because she won't eat if anyone's watching so she sneaks around to eat.

Anyways...I'm at work right now...he said that she's not vomiting as much as she did last night and it seems to be passing. At what point should we worry? I was thinking about trying to get her to eat when I get home (she loves gravy, so was thinking about making some gravy and putting it on some canned food and spoon feeding her -- for some reason she'll eat in front of us this way)..but should I do this or wait until she feels better?

Could it just be a tummy bug or something? If it passes and she's fine tomorrow, do you think we should still take her to the vet if she's feeling ok?

·
Registered
366 Posts
I would suggest that you call your vet and ask their opinion on what to do. I would be most worried about dehydration with all that vomiting. If she's dehydrated, she could become lethargic (sleeping/not moving much)...I'd give a call and see what the vet says - they may or may not want to see her right away...

I hope she feels better soon!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Keeter seems to be fine now, must have just been a bug. She hasn't vomited at all today and she did lick up some of the gravy I made last night, so she has an appetite. She never stopped drinking water so I wasn't worried about her getting dehydrated.

Guess something just didn't set well on her tummy the other night. If it'd been Spaz I wouldn't have thought anything of it because of her weak tummy, but with Keeter it just kinda scared me since she never seems to be sick, plus her age!

Hopefully that'll be the end of the sickness for her!

·
Registered
53 Posts
the same thing happened to me, we just fed him water, for 2 days straight and he stopped. it wasnt like torture or anything he usually cries for food whens hes hungry but he didnt seem to bother. then slowly we gave him alittle bit more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts