Cat Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I woke up this morning to my cats feces outside the litter box. It's in the same room as her litter box, in fact, not very far from it. I'm not sure why all of a sudden she decided not to use the box. Lydia has never been great at making sure that it all stays inside, but this time, she clearly didn't try!

Has anyone's cat ever done this as a way of acting out? This behavior is immediately following my steps to rectify her morning behavior (in which she constantly pesters me until I get up). This behavior started right after me starting to feed her wet food.

Some other users on the forum suggested that I switch the feeding time of the wet food to night time, which I have done. And I'm happy to report that I woke up without her bothering me at all. Well, okay, she bothered me a little and I removed her from my room, but she didn't meow and howl outside the door forever like she normally does. I think this defecating outside the box purposely might be another way for her to show me that she's pissed off that I'm not going to put up with her waking me up every morning.

But then again, what if I'm altogether wrong and it's not on purpose? What if there is something going on with her.

What do you think?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts