Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi. I have a cat who hates peeing in the litter box and I have caught her peeing down the hole of the tub and when I covered that she peed in the bathroom sink. Straight down the hole.

I'm thinking I need to teach her to use the human toilet, I can think of no other ideas? Anyone? Please!

---

I'm getting a new house soon and my cats do claw the trim on the house regardless of what I say. I'm thinking with the new house of buying nail caps, I used them when my oldest was a kitten? Or covering the trim with something cat friendly they can scratch, doesn't seem realistic though. They have a tree but it's not the best. When I move though, they will be getting a very nice cat tree.

Any other ideas?

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
Has she always peed in the tub or sink? or is this a fairly new behavior? Usually any change from peeing in litterbox to somewhere else is an aversion to the litter because cat associates pain of peeing due to a urinary or bladder infection with the box. First thing to do is to have her checked out by a vet and have her urine tested. If she doesn't have a problem, it could be the litter. Have you tried other types, such as pine pellets, or wheat (Swheat Scoop)? Some CF members have had good success with Dr. Elsey's Cat Attract litter. Even an extra litter box in another location may help---you should have a litter box/cat plus an extra. Maybe you need more? At least she's going in a place that's easily cleaned---it's better than on carpet or rugs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts