Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You have seen my avatar with Midnight, the wild cat, sunning himself on the recycle bin at below zero temps. Well, he is back to his old self today. He was laying in the grass, (temp is in the low 20's, no wind, on the South side of the garage), so I brought out his summer bed and a blanket. He took up a position for a snooze. When you pet him when he is in the sun, he is hot because of his black fur. Tough guy. ( I hate it when people spoil animals.):smile:

·
Registered
8,961 Posts
MowMow turns into a pain in the butt about going outside in the cold weather. It gets nice and sunny with warm spots in the apartment so he begs and begs to go out onto the balcony....then the arctic feeling wind hits him and he fusses to come right back in.

...until he hits a sun spot on the carpet and then wants back out again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Am glad to see I'm not the only one with a "sub-zero" cat (most folks have sub-zero fridges but mine's a cat!). My tabby will stay indoors all summer long but come the cold weather he bolts outside to the screened in porch and finds a corner and settles in for a long snooze. I do need to mention though that he has a coat that a polar bear would envy. I think my other guys (I have 3 total) think he's crazy because they love the summer and not the cold weather.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Midnight, the wild cat, was out roaming early this morning, before dawn, and then returned to roll in the grass after the sun came up, but declined to lay in the bed - temp 15 degrees. He has a heated house in the garage where he can be safe and warm, but he prefers to travel with his pals, the foxes. He is not intimidated by 20 below temps and is gone for hours at a time.

I get cold just thinking about what he does. :p

·
Registered
189 Posts
OMG lol, that is so funny. And here I worry about it being warm enough in the house for the cats. I have the thermostat set to 70 and been thinking of making it 72...

Midnight looks super cute and happy :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts