Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Halo, first time Cat Dad here. I first learned of the forum from doing a bit of research on kitten adoption. Let me say the threads and replies I read have helped immensely as I have never had my own feline family member before. My name is Matthew and about a week back I adopted a 6 month female kitten Oriental mix from a Shelter near by. Not sure of her back story as details were kind of vague.

When I met her first she was suffering from a URI and had to be on antibiotics. This had me concerned as I was not sure what that meant or what to expect. Again the site and the internet helped me gain knowledge on the situation. So her first day he she fled instantly from her carrier into hiding under my bed. She remained there for about 4 hours but oddly enough slept in my bed that first night.

Since then she has become very affectionate and loving. Has became very talkative where she wouldn't meow more then 4 times the first week. Also she has become very clingy and follows me everywhere but maintains her bit of independence also. She marked me w her scent which made me feel wanted and glad. She may like me haha.

Her personality is very distinct at such a young age and is quite the character. Energetic and full of conversation. Also her exploration seems nonstop as she searches every crevice of her new home for hiding places. This is all over a matter of a week and a half. Wasn't sure what to expect from the breed but she seems right on cue to the description. She makes certain to be the center of attention but isn't intrusive and will lay out if she realizes I'm preoccupied.

Any-hoo, I joined the community hoping to share her w the rest of you and socialize w other feline parents around the world. We live in Chicago, Il and thank you all for creating such a welcoming atmosphere. Here's a few photos as she doesn't let me take many (she's always on the run). If you guys could give me your thoughts of what she may be mixed w it, I only know Oriental and the Shelter had no idea. Tabby maybe? Here's Samus Aran.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,098 Posts
Hi Matthew! It sounds like you've quickly learned how great it is to have a kitty companion. Samus Aran is just adorable, and her coloring is gorgeous! Yes, she definitely has tabby markings - though tabby is a coat pattern, it's not a breed. I've had 3 tabbies, all of them domestic shorthairs. Most non-purebred kitties are domestic short hair, medium hair or long hair. That would be my guess for the mix, but I know very little about breeds. You could post your question in the section of the forum on breeds to get more feedback. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts