Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a hard time finding this...what time is kickoff for the superbowl tomorow? In Central time?

·
Banned
316 Posts
Jeanie said:
I hope some of you will help me cheer for the Steelers!

Going for 4!

The Terrible Post!
I'm right here with ya!!

Ya know......I'm from Cleveland and most people do'nt know this.....but the Steeler fans were WONDERFUL to us Brownie fans when we didn't have a team for so long. They were very supportive. So most Clevelanders don't hate the Steelers like they used to.

Now we just hate the Ravens with the power of a 1000 suns.

·
Banned
120 Posts
AllergyCat said:
I'm right here with ya!!

Ya know......I'm from Cleveland and most people do'nt know this.....but the Steeler fans were WONDERFUL to us Brownie fans when we didn't have a team for so long. They were very supportive. So most Clevelanders don't hate the Steelers like they used to.

AllergyCat,

Oh how right you are. Crystal and I are from Cleveland too. I still pretty much hate the Broncos, and the Steelers are still up there, but 1000 suns? You must have a soft spot in your heart.

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
I just love Superbowl Sunday, it is one of my holidays. 8)

Is anyone attending a Superbowl party? My husband and I are just staying home. I will make a bunch of munchie food and have a few beers.

I don't have a real favorite this year. I am kind of rooting for Seattle as they have never won the Superbowl. But I do like the Steelers and it would be wonderful to see Jerome Bettis get a ring. Either way, I will be happy.

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
AllergyCat said:

I am just south of you in the Rubber City. Yeah, the 1999+ Browns just does not have the rivalry as the old Browns did. However, as for the Browns packing up and leaving, I do NOT place the blame solely on Art Modell. Former Cleveland Mayor Michael White is to blame a lot as well. I think Mayor White was more or less trying to get them to the Gateway Complex. The sin tax issue pretty much financed the Gateway (not connected to Gateway computer company) complex and Mr White wanted to get as much glory as he could. Yet the Cleveland Stadium has a lot of history to it and I can easily understand why Art Modell and others wanted to stay there. Where would Cleveland have put the second football stadium? Gund Arena and Jacobs Field take up plenty of space already. While I never have been a Browns fan, I still would NOT want to see a new stadium built at Gateway. So I feel that when Modell did not want to do what Mr White wanted and move to Gateway, then Mr White basically refused to even help the Browns. Of course, could Modell TRULY have given some of his own monies to help renovate the stadium? I feel he should have.

One thing that REALLY has my respect as a Steelers fan is how the Rooneys run the team. Ever since Art Rooney Sr, the team has valued stability over all else. Look at how long Chuck Noll stayed on as coach despite the downward spiral of the Steelers in the 80s. Look at the faith Dan Rooney and Art Rooney II have in Bill Cowher. They understand that drastic changes do NOT happen overnight and that UNITY is what builds a strong team. Compare that will Modell and now the Lerners. If a coach or player does not reach the playoffs in a few seasons, they are out the door! Give Cleveland some time. They got a good foundation to build upon here. While he was not fired, Marty Schottenheimer should have been given more leeway by Modell. The two consecutive AFC Conference Championship losses to Denver in 1987 and 1988 were due to nothing Schottenheimer did. But Modell is very impatient, a trait that the Lerners carried over into the new Browns. Will Cleveland sports franchises EVER learn their lesson? I doubt it... :(

·
Registered
295 Posts
Today.. they are gonna be singing.. Another one rides the bus.. in the tune of the song "Another one bites the dust"

I love jerome bettis :) He deserves a win for his last game ever and in his hometown.

go steelers :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Baltimore is rooting for the Steelers, too :) We hate them during the season as all good Ravens and Redskins are apt, too but we will root for our Division during the Superbowl :)

We are going to a big Superbowl party at our friend's house; he has this gigantic television. It's taller than I am. It's going to be a lot of fun but I dread work in the morning.

·
Banned
120 Posts
Jerome Bettis really is one of the hardest working players in football. I've always liked him, even when he was with the Rams and not so much of the bus. It'll be sad to see a player like him go.

And I agree, it wasn't just Art Modell. It was just sad to not have a Browns team.

And Crystal keeps on telling me she doesn't care, but I'm sure if she'll get sent to the corner, its important to her....

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
psssttttt jumping in and going off topic slightly... Engand stuffed the Welsh in one of the opening matches of the 6 nations rugby yesterday :D I went to the match with my dad and had a blast :D

1 - 20 of 35 Posts