Cat Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been feeding my 4-year old cat Xena commercial frozen raw food for a couple years now. She's a carrier of feline herpesvirus with occasional stress related flare-ups but no other health concerns. I used to feed a more expensive brand that contained a variety of supplements but recently switched to a more affordable local brand, Buddies. I rotate between Turkey & Salmon (67.5% bone-in turkey, 12.5% salmon, 20% organs) Chicken (80% bone-in chicken, 20% organs), and Venison (78% boneless venison, 22% organs). Xena vomits the beef variety. She is about 8.5 lbs and I feed her ~0.15 lb per day.

I add Pro-den plaque off to her food once a day, offer a raw chicken neck or a couple chicken hearts several times per week, one whole egg a month, as well as freeze dried shrimp and duck liver as treats.

So, my question is... should I be adding other supplements to her food? I've been debating switching to Turkey without the salmon, and adding a fish oil. I work in a vet clinic and can get Eicosaderm Omega 3 for a very good price, but maybe Ascenta Feline Omega-3 is better because it has rosemary extract and a bit more Vitamin E? Is there anything else her diet might be lacking in?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts