Cat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do I do about this? Every morning Perry wakes me up around 7-8 am, I feed him then I'll go back to bed for another hour, then wake up make some coffee then clean his cat litter box out. This is our ritual every single morning. However things were different for him this morning. I went to the bathroom when I got up at 8:00 AM I found a fresh pile of poop he left outside of his cat litter box. I quickly cleaned up the mess and clean the floor with clorox wipes… So I'm out of ideas, he doesn't appear to be ill or anything.

I'm not sure if it was something I did? I did make a mistake few days ago a neighbor has a female cat I carried her in my apartment to show Perry, I did not put her down on the floor, but I allowed Perry to sniff her. Then I took the neighbor's cat back to her place that was a few days ago.. Couldn't Perry had been mad at me then? not few days later?

I'm not sure what to think of this. I'm not mad at him rather just worried what could of caused this? FYI he has no blood in his stool - his stool looked brown and normal etc

·
Banned
1,620 Posts
Personally, I think it was the stress of finding out Chewbacca is his father...:lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist. But seriously, if it was near his litter box, it could just be that he didn't 'aim' correctly. As long as you are scooping the box often enough and he doesn't seem sick, I wouldn't worry unless it becomes a habit.

·
Premium Member
7,862 Posts
How far away from the box was it? Was it possible that he lifted his rump and it went over the side?? I sometimes find pieces of poop in odd places and deduce that some got suck and fell along the way to where ever he/she was going next.

Finding out about Chewbacca can be very traumatic discovery - I'd poop outside the box, too!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Personally, I think it was the stress of finding out Chewbacca is his father...:lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist. But seriously, if it was near his litter box, it could just be that he didn't 'aim' correctly. As long as you are scooping the box often enough and he doesn't seem sick, I wouldn't worry unless it becomes a habit.
:grin::grin:

Too funny.. Maybe my cat knows what I'm saying or/and thinking

Make sense he didn't aim, yeah I scoop the litter box everyday in AM

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How far away from the box was it? Was it possible that he lifted his rump and it went over the side?? I sometimes find pieces of poop in odd places and deduce that some got suck and fell along the way to where ever he/she was going next.

Finding out about Chewbacca can be very traumatic discovery - I'd poop outside the box, too!
8-O :grin: 8-O … I guess so

The stool wasn't very far from the litter box, not even a inch away. Like heather said it could be that he didn't aim good. It was a big average size stool, it didn't look as if he got any of it stuck anywhere . So I cleaned up everywhere on the floor and I even used a black light to make sure I cleaned up every spot etc

·
Registered
8,980 Posts
Couldn't Perry had been mad at me then? not few days later?
Can't don't do things out of 'spite' or revenge in that manner. They don't have the thought process. If he was showing misdirected aggression from that cat I think it would probably have happened before now.

I wouldn't stress out over one miss. I think of it like this, once is an anomaly, two is a coincidence, three is a pattern. I don't worry until the third time one of the cats does something.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can't don't do things out of 'spite' or revenge in that manner. They don't have the thought process. If he was showing misdirected aggression from that cat I think it would probably have happened before now.

I wouldn't stress out over one miss. I think of it like this, once is an anomaly, two is a coincidence, three is a pattern. I don't worry until the third time one of the cats does something.
true true, yea he did not show any aggression. He was curious what I had in my arms. The female cat wasn't so keen on Perry. She kept growling and whining

Perry seemed to be in dazed and wasn't sure what I had in my arms. I was more worried about how he would of reacted. But it was the female cat that seemed to be bothered then Perry

I will keep a eye make sure it isn't a pattern :) thanx MowMow

·
Premium Member
7,862 Posts
That's not a bad idea Marcia, I will have to try that if this happens again
they are better than newspaper and they absorb faster, too. Plus they are cheap compared to replacing carpet.

Here's what I bought. They last forever, too.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E3S800M/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

·
Registered
653 Posts
Why did I never think of this! I have an edge pee-er too and always the same corner. If that corner has pee in it already, she'll go diagonally and will miss every single time. I've watched her, all four paws are in the litter, she just backs up too much. Lol
The litter box is in my bathroom, so I scoop every time I'm in there, but it still happens. Thanks Marcia, that is a great idea.

Sent from Petguide.com App

·
Registered
5,149 Posts
It was likely bringing in the female cat (who may not have been spayed) and the fact that she whined and growled. He was surprised at the 'intruder', and just wanted to show that the bathroom was his territory. I wouldn't bring the outside cat in again.

·
Registered
8,980 Posts
It was likely bringing in the female cat (who may not have been spayed) and the fact that she whined and growled. He was surprised at the 'intruder', and just wanted to show that the bathroom was his territory. I wouldn't bring the outside cat in again.
Agreed, not only because it may have upset him (even if he didn't show it) but strange cats (even those owned by people you know) might sick with colds, have some communicable diseases, or even have fleas.

Even if you hadn't let your cat sniff her, you handling her could pass one some illnesses/diseases if you didn't wash your hands after (and if she had fleas taken those clothes off immediately and washed them in hot water).

Not to mention that if she had reacted violently toward to him could have gotten ripped to shreds if she had freaked out because you were holding her.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Agreed, not only because it may have upset him (even if he didn't show it) but strange cats (even those owned by people you know) might sick with colds, have some communicable diseases, or even have fleas.

Even if you hadn't let your cat sniff her, you handling her could pass one some illnesses/diseases if you didn't wash your hands after (and if she had fleas taken those clothes off immediately and washed them in hot water).

Not to mention that if she had reacted violently toward to him could have gotten ripped to shreds if she had freaked out because you were holding her.
Lovely, just lovely… Well I won't do that again for sure! He's doing ok now I haven't noticed any irregular bowel movements on the floor anymore. He burst out of energy out of no where, now and then LOL

I did washed my hands and clothes

so, all good :) Thanks MowMow

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
very likely he was surprise, he hesitated at first started sniffing at the female cat. I believe the female cat was spayed…

Ditto! I won't be bringing her inside my apartment again

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 - 18 of 18 Posts