Cat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.M.G.

I can't believe Russell is coming back. AGAIN. I didn't watch his last appearance, I can't stand him. I won't be watching this time, either.

This time will be different, though. For the very first time, the other contestants will know what Russell is like. During his second time competing, the first one hadn't aired yet, so nobody knew how devious and mean he is. And the sorest loser ever in the history of the show.

Boston Rob is back, too. I'm not sure why. I thought he left the last one happy to be off the show and back home with his family, but as I said, I wasn't watching the show.

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
I never followed it, but Hubby and I did sit w/ our friend's children while he kept an evening appointment and we watched a bit with them. I think it was about 2yrs ago? "Coach" was the man I couldn't STAND and there was a sweet guy from the South, who won that season. He is a cousin of a member at a horse board Quartermutt and I belong to.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Survivor premiered in 2000. Prior to 2000 the US was a well espected country with a strong economy. The unemployment rate in 1999 reached a low of 3.9%. Sarah Palin was still the unknown mayor of Alaska.
I only watched the first few episodes of Survivor season one.

I can't wait for the final season of Survivor to finsish so we can get back on track.

The only good thing that came out of Survivor was seeing Danny Bonaduce remove the Survivor guy who tried to "Monkey Hump" him.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Dave, if you were a hot blonde woman in her 20s-early 30s I'd fall in love with you.

However, indications are, that you don't fit this description..... Correct me if I'm wrong though.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I want them to bring Fear Factor back. I love watching people eat gross stuff and doing death defying stunts for money. The epsiode where they had all models competing was funny because they had them do stuff in a box full of pythons and geckos. I was laughing because of how freaked out they were. I would have climbed in there and draped a python over my shoulders. I love lizards and snakes. I'm the girl who owned an Iguana as well as many other reptiles. They also had to climb into a muddy pipe about 3ft in diameter and pull an alligator out by the tail. COME ON! They were in no real danger. A 10ft gator cannot turn around to get them in a 3ft diameter pipe.

·
Super Moderator
26,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow. All they really had to do to freak them out, was make the models eat. Period.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Wow. All they really had to do to freak them out, was make the models eat. Period.
Yeah really. Most modeling agencies expect models of my height (6'1") to weigh around 120lbs. Healthy weight range for someone my height is 144 - 189 lbs. I'm not saying what I weigh :p

·
Super Moderator
26,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I thought agencies were getting more progressive these days, not pushing the ridiculous weight loss.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I thought agencies were getting more progressive these days, not pushing the ridiculous weight loss.
They are protecting the bottom line, smaller models, less REALLY expensive fabric. There are some women who are naturally 5'10" or taller and weigh around 120 and are healthy but that is a RARE body type. When countries mandate healthier weight models, the magazines start doing this really extreme retouching so that the pictures are still unattainable

·
Super Moderator
26,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
C'mon, spill it, Mary. Why'd she slap the cuffs on you?

:grin:

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
When Survivor first came on TV the people where I worked were thinking how nice it would be if we could vote people out of the company like that.

Maybe if we had been able to do it - at least for a short time until the dead weight was gone - that company would still be in business.:?

·
Super Moderator
26,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wouldn't that be great? Or at least if we could put some of the jerks on slop for a week like Big Brother.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Or the people who actually do the work and don't go along to get along would be voted out and the company would fail.

Big Big corporations essentially work that way.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts