Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there! Does anyone plan on watching Survivor: Vanuatu?

I was a HUGE skeptic of the show for the first however many seasons it was on the air but my hubby got me wrapped up in it with the last two seasons. I'm one of the Rupert cronies.

Speaking of Rupert, has anyone noticed CBS's latest plugs for Survivor: Vanuatu? They feature Rupert speaking instead of Jeff, the host. I wonder if this means that Jeff lost his hosting job and Rupert got it or if it's just because Rupert was voted Favorite Survivor last year.

Another new show I'm anxious to see is on NBC - Medical Investigation. Only thing is, it will be in the same time slot as Without A Trace on CBS and I NEVER miss that so I guess I'll be taping NBC.

Wow! I guess I need to get out of the house and find something else to do, huh! Too much TV in my life. Actually, less than 6 months from now I'll be having twins so my TV days will probably be shot right out the window, at least until they're in school! :)

·
Registered
882 Posts
I was into Survivor the first season, watched the 2nd one, lost interest, and got back into it for the All-stars last season (I have to admit, part of it was the widespread interest of some of my female coworkers and the pow-wows we'd hold on Friday mornings!).

Anyways, I plan on watching the new one, and also the Apprentice. That's about all that I do when it comes to "reality". (I think 'Game show' is a better characterization of those two shows, but that's just me!)

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
violina23 said:
(I think 'Game show' is a better characterization of those two shows, but that's just me!)
I have to agree with you there. I, too, think it's more of a game show rather than a "reality" show but I think what got me hooked on it were all the cat fights between the women and some of the attitudes of the men. Part of me still wants to believe there really never was a "Pearl Islands" location nor any of the other locations they've held Survivor. I keep telling my hubby that they're probably on some CBS backlot shooting the whole thing and everybody gets to go home each evening. I have also said that even if they are on some island somewhere it's probably not nearly as remote as they make it look. Maybe there is a big Hilton Hotel off in the distance that everyone gets to stay in after the taping! :lol:

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
My mom is a HUGE Survivor fan, as well as Big Brother. When neither one is on, she's miserable and get excited when she sees commercials for the new season of either. Its so funny.

She got be hooked on Big Brother, but I've never really gotten too into Survivor for some reason. I think its hilarious though that my History teacher looks JUST like Rupert, except instead of a full beard, he just has a partial one. My mom seems to think the reason he's been doing the promo's is because of the "twist" they keep talking about. She thinks he's going to end up competing in this season or something.

Who knows... I'll watch every now and then but not enough to know who is who and who I like/dislike. I LOVED Ethan from Africa(?) and the all star show though. Yummy!! :wink:

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ndkittymom said:
Speaking of Rupert, has anyone noticed CBS's latest plugs for Survivor: Vanuatu? They feature Rupert speaking instead of Jeff, the host. I wonder if this means that Jeff lost his hosting job and Rupert got it or if it's just because Rupert was voted Favorite Survivor last year.
Last night on TV I caught a Survivor: Vanuatu commercial with Jeff in it so I guess he didn't lose his hosting job. Should be interesting to see what the big deal is about this season though.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I just watched a special on the TV Guide Channel. Amber hosted it! :) It showed some stuff from the new show and it looks interesting. Among the cast this year are 2 cancer survivors--a breast cancer survivor and an amputee. That should be interesting. Plus the usual women pushing their chests out as much as possible. ;) Oh, and Jeff was on this, so he's definitely still hosting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts