Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today,I heard Robin's first audible purr! He purrs a lot,I just never heard it before! I'd just finished playing with him,and he took a break from breakfast to watch me mutter and upend things, looking for my keys. Keys in hand,I gave him a rassle,and made for the door,and that's when I heard it. PURRR... im......PURRR...im...PURR...im PURRimPURRimPURRPURRPURR!

I wonder why he never purred like that before? It took a while before Percy purred audibly,and I had the impression it was because he was starting to trust me. Maybe it took longer with Robin...

·
Super Moderator
27,274 Posts
That's so sweet!

·
Registered
435 Posts
Congratulations. I had a similar experience with Ritz, who was rescued with her litter mates shortly after a 20 inch snow storm by a friend of mine. I helped socialize them; they were about four to six months old when rescued. It took well over a year after I adopted Ritz before she would audibly purr; before then, she had a sub-vocal purr. I think it occurred after a nice massage/petting session. I think it is a sign of trust, of full acceptance. Ritz still doesn't purr a lot, almost always during a petting/massage session; but she now turns over onto her back because she loves belly rubs. Music to my ears.

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Yeah-Oh so sweet! Robin is a year old, and has been with me since June. He's growing so fast! right now,he's going thru his 'seafood diet' stage. 'I see food,I eats it'! I have NEVER encountered a cat this playful. He loves jingle balls and is passionate about toy mice. His favorite toy,though,is some beads on a string. I heard him purr again today!

·
Registered
435 Posts
I rescued an obviously abandoned house cat "Petey" in front of my condo building. (I feed a feral cat colony.) I say "obviously" because I was able to scruff him and put him into a cat carrier within one week after first seeing him.
He never stopped purring except when he was sleeping. I "earned" Ritz' purr, so it is all the more precious.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Believe me, nothing makes me feel fuzzy inside more than having a cat that knows you, or meeting one that is curious about you, and end up having it come up to you, sniff you, and end up getting a head-butt and getting kissed while hearing a happy meow, trill, or chirp with some loud purring.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.