Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At age 9 months we took our Burmese kitten, Gizmo, to the vet for skin lesions and long story short, found he had allergies. Giz is now turning 10 in August. We tried everything but just never found the “thing” that would turn this around. He had gotten to the point of having to have an allergy shot every 4-6weeks. We knew this was not good and was shortening his life and very likely going to add additional problems.

I finally said enough...I was going to stop all the fooling around with various vet prescribed foods (yes, we pretty much narrowed it down to food) and began researching on my own. Giz will NOT eat raw no matter how hungry he might be, said no to homecooked and wasn’t a big fan of commercially canned. Both our cats prefer hard kibble that they can graze on. I finally came across Orejen Regional Red. Compared it to others and gave it a try. They both liked it! So for about 9 months they have been eating this along with the freeze dried treats...they each get one tiny nuggets in the morning and before bed at night.

Ok, so the good news is that Gizmo is now at 14 weeks between his shots! That’s a BIG deal. I am praying it continues to go longer and longer. The longest he’s ever gone is 16 weeks when he was very young. So I just wanted to give a heads up to anyone who might be fighting this battle.

·
Super Moderator
26,399 Posts
Great news, congratulations!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts