Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Regular Vs Citrus, being the citrus has the anti-bacterial, but I've heard cat's don't like some citrus stuff?

2. Already got the Ready Mop, price-wise it seems the Swiffer liquid is cheaper, so I figured I'd refill the Ready Mop bottle with that stuff?

I alway's dilute the stuff with about 50/50 solution of water so it ain't so strong on the kitties and my frugal side is satisfied. I alos rinse and re-use the pad several times.

Mop refill pads seem a little high priced too, any options there? I got 2 more odd-balls ones left from the 'Grab it, Go Mop'.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I've heard that cats do not like citrus but I have never found that to be a problem which is good because I prefer that to anything, especially a pine scent. I've never tried either of those mops only because I'm still on my hands and knees wiping up. Works for me.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got mine to minimize time spent cleaning, do most common area's of the house in a little over an hour, then a little project too, as needed/inspired.

I'm going to Red BoxMart to see what they have, and the prices. Might have to figure out the ingredients and find a comparable thing in a bigger/cheaper bottle.

I used to do the crawl too, small floors so I probally didn't save alot of time any how, but it sure is convinient, got my first one $14 new, it broke, 2nd one like new, salvation army price $2.50, otherwise I was holding out for a sale on the Swiffer in hopes it had a better design.

I'm thinking maybe there's better products if I'm just going to refill the bottle anyhow, might as well get a good price, otherwise it's $3 and change for a small bottle.

Oh, I just finished cleaning most everything for the week-end, and the project is going to be the bookshelf--throwing out and reorganizing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts