Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Flower and Nomad are about 4 weeks old now. Started giving them canned food, and they suck it down. But we're having some loose stools on Flower's part. Which isn't good, I know. I'm trying to keep them on more canned food, though, because it seems to last longer, because I start college this Thursday (as does my fiance). I think the sudden switch may have thrown her off, so we're gonna go back to about half and half, 2 meals canned, 2 KMR. We've been giving them some canned food, then offering KMR to fill in gaps. My friend suggested either making their milk less rich or cutting back on the canned food a bit.

BTW, they've both started pooping. And on their own. In litter boxes. They just tend to step in it. >.< However, I have to separate them when no one can check in on them frequently, because Flower likes to suck on her brother's stuff. Anyone have any tips for that aside from separating them? They really hate being separated, but I know it can do damage.

·
Premium Member
9,125 Posts
When you say they have loose stools does that mean like coffee consistency when coming out? Or no shape like cow pies? Or formed but when stepped on it its soft?

I would put a small bowl if KMR out. If they know how to lick up soft food they can lap up the KMR. They need to be free feeding till around 9 months to a year. Royal Canin makes Baby Cat. Its small bite size for kittens. Leave dry out at all times. With small bowl of water.

Personally I wouldn't separate them. They need each others companionship. Someone to play with and keep them company esp if you going to be gone and in school. I would sequester them in a bathroom together. No big deal if they step in their "business". Just take a warm wash rag and wash it off when you get home.

Make sure their litter is corn litter like Worlds Best because a clumping litter can kill them if ingested if they try to clean themselves or just try to eat the litter.

·
Banned
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not them stepping in each other's poop I'm worried about. She sucks on brother's boy parts. His poop is soft, but it largely creates a spiral as it comes out. Her's is closer to pudding. Sorry for ruining pudding for you all. I've been leaving water out, but neither is interested, lol. Of course, neither was Baby at 6-7 wks old until we'd had her for about a week. The diarrhea is my biggest concern. I'm sure it's a food switch from KMR thing. And get this, the girl largely wants nothing to do with KMR now. We offered it last night when she was hungry and she did not want it. Then plowed her way through canned food. After about 3 minutes of replacing her at the bowl til she remembered that was food, lol. Flower is my problem child between the diarrhea and the sucking on her brother lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts