Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I just go and get a different kind of food for my babies and give it to them? People tell me I can't because of something with their stomachs. They keep telling me to get a brand of food and stick with it, don't change it. I have dry food for them now, and I was thinking of switching to something a little softer or even can food, maybe mixing the dry and can food?

·
Registered
36 Posts
My vet recoiled in horror when I told him I had been trying out different brands because my cat is a fussy eater...he muttered something about stomach linings being sensitive to changes etc...but to be honest, Dub didn't seem to mind the tester sessions, and I was able to figure out which brand she likes...there was no point in sticking with the brand I started with because she wasn't eating it, and it was a total waste of money.

I would say try out some wet stuff, if you see signs of it not having a good effect then change back.

·
Registered
283 Posts
As long as you change the foods slowly, I don't see why not. I like to experiment with a few different brands when I have a new cat to see which ones the cat prefers. Usually they recommend changing food over a period of 7-10 days so the cat's system had a chance to get use to a gradual change.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts