·
Premium Member
9,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I actually met him in the middle 80's.

I applaude him for the plane to New Orleans. That was the nicest thing I've ever heard about him. Others could have done something, but he actually did it.

And I'm glad that he is pursuing wind generated energy. Somebody needs to do it.

His plan to sell water from the panhandle of Texas was not right.

If you've heard anything about his involvement in Oklahoma State University, you might have some questions about any of his deals. He scares me.

·
Registered
216 Posts
solution for not depending on foreign oil is simple....drill our own

·
Banned
12,199 Posts
A better solution is a source of energy other than oil.

As long as it takes to develop new sources of crude AND the refineries to produce the product, we could just as well be spending that time and money on the better solution, not the same-oh same-oh.

Remember our domestic refineries are maxed out. It wouldn't matter how much crude we could pump out of the ground here, we couldn't make it into gasoline anyway until we build some new refineries.

T. Boone is a very savvy and far-sighted individual. He's made billions on those qualities. I think we oughta listen to him.

·
Premium Member
9,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Were the third largest producer of oil in the world. We cannot keep up with our own demand for it. Plus what it does to our economy to keep buying it out of the country really hurts us. Drilling here isnt the solution. Other renewable sources of energy is a solution for us. This is a nice jump start to begin resolving our energy crisis.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts