Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, this is a TERRIBLE video, and just advance all the way to :50 seconds, which is when you first see him. Every time he saw me looking at him, he stopped. I've been trying to capture him doing his sock hunting thing for years, and have never been able to catch him. Turn up the volume and you can hear his little mewing sounds he makes as he leaves a trail of socks all the way from the laundry room to the rest of the house. Taffy does this every single day, multiple times a day. I pick the socks up about 4 times a day, and he drags them back out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3enL_0yKic&list=FLVA8QHHfDMpMEyBu_E1TcRw

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Super cute So glad to see him look well too. How many socks does he hunt?
However many are in the box. Some days there are more than others, because I then find socks hidden all over the house. Up in the cat trees, under the couch, in my daughter's bed, lol! He is a nut! I just got a much clearer video of him doing it, I will have to put that one up.

·
Banned
243 Posts
That is so adorable! Taffy is giving you 'gifts' to find!
so sweet...I love his meow...it is more like a 'naw--oww''' (Artie has the same meow)...I just love it....

You have a very special kitty....

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Updated video footage of "Taffy the Amazing Sock Hunter". I realize this must be really boring to watch, and this one is longer, but my family is fascinated to finally see this, because we have been trying to see him do this for years, and the moment he sees us, he stops. This one is not so fuzzy, and you can hear him mewing better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrwuVKJjxgs

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Howsefrau, I am seriously in tears cracking up at these videos! I was laughing so hard and forced my boyfriend to watch, too! Haha! I loved the original video but this clearer version is CLASSIC! He is such a hilarious, incredible little guy... he has me absolutely dying of laughter! My favorite part is when he mews, it sounds like he is announcing his successful hunting of the sock. This needs to be on Ellen, or some sort of TV show hahaha. I've watched the entire videos almost 3 times now, he just kills me! Talk about one VERY special, hilarious little kitty! Your house must never be boring with him around.

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
OMG! Howsefrau, That has got to be the CUTEST thing ever!!
Taffy is Precious! I'm so happy to see him "Sock Hunting"! :D
Sharon

·
Registered
189 Posts
That is just too darn cute :D

I really can't help but wonder what he's doing though. It's interesting that each sock he brings out, unless interrupted, he drops a little further away each time. It's quite interesting behaviour really, and I really wish I knew what was going on in his adorable little mind :)

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Howsefrau, I am seriously in tears cracking up at these videos!
Thank you, you are too sweet :) I think he's pretty incredible too. I always feel like since he's an indoor cat, that this is his way of using his hunting instinct. It was so funny, the first few years, before we realized this was a "thing" that he did, and before I kept his box of socks by the dryer, he would find whatever he could. A shirt in the laundry basket, or the worst was, if there was a napkin underneath a glass, he would pull the napkin off the glass and spill the water. He would take the hand towel that I keep hanging over the handle of the stove, whatever he could find. Now I just know to keep his sock box on the floor by the dryer. If I pick it up, to vacuum or mop, and forget to put it back down, he won't jump up there and get it. He's a little weirdo.

·
Banned
243 Posts
WOW! so cute!

I wonder what he is thinking also...

kind of like bringing gifts to someone.. or is he feeling lonely and these are his toys to keep him company?

Would love to know..

Yes, you need to submit this to someone, somewhere...
Ellen, Jackson Galaxy,

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
#@%&*!

I must need to update something, because I can't see either video. Grrrr. Tried MowMow's too. Just the evil circle of death. Sigh. I'm DYING to see the sock hunting!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts