Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After two days of IV fluids, tests, (he came home at night, I did not let him sleep at the hospital all alone), he is home! Feeling pretty perky, compared to how he's been. He's lost a bit of weight, but he's still beautiful. He was hungry! He ate, better than he has in months, was even begging from daddy as you can see in one picture. He even hunted socks this morning....the whole box! Sorry, I'm super excited to have my boy home. Not sure what is wrong, just going to enjoy all the time I have with him. He is going back Monday or Tuesday to get his WBC checked again, to see if any improvement after a round of antibiotics.

First pic, he's groggy you can tell, and we had not yet taken off his bandage from the IV.

Please don't judge me for my dirty floor, it was a rainy day and my dog decided to run laps around the kitchen floor, she was so excited to see Taffy.

Begging for some of dad's spaghetti. My husband may kill me for this pic :)

And finally, tired and chilling with mom.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yay Taffy! Glad he's feeling better, are you seeing your vet on Monday?
Yes, they want to check his WBC again on Monday, or Tuesday. The vet wanted to see if his WBC went down after antibiotics. He doesn't think it's going to help, but we are just giving it a try.

I just know that I am enjoying every minute that I have with him, and plan to spend as much time near him as he will let me. He is not a lap cat, at all. He will sit next to you, like in the picture. My dog will go up to him and nudge him, wanting him to groom her, and he will stand there and groom her face and ears for like 10 minutes, it is cute (and slightly gross on the ears), but my poor dog does not understand why he doesn't want to groom her right now. She's kind of sad, because he has always done it. They are very close.

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
I'm glad he's eating. I sure wish they'd figure out what's up with him so he can go back to feeling like his old self.

I also hope he got some spaghetti.

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
He's beautiful howsefrau! I'm glad that he's eating and even feeling well enough to hunt socks again! I hope it keeps up this way for a long time.

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
(((HUGS))) and Prayers, that Taffy Gets Better! And the vet figures something out!
So happy he's perked up now!!
Sharon

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm glad he's eating. I sure wish they'd figure out what's up with him so he can go back to feeling like his old self.

I also hope he got some spaghetti.
Yep, he got a piece of spaghetti, he was quite happy about that.

We are likely going to be at the vet when the open tomorrow morning. He did not want to eat any more this evening, and he seemed to be in pain also, so I gave him a dose of buprenex, which I managed to spill the tiny little tube of it all over the counter, so will be getting some more tomorrow. He got pepcid today instead of cerenia, because they didn't want to give him another dose, but it looks like we may have to give him that tomorrow. If he will eat a pill pocket, I have cerenia in the pill form, so I'll try that first. I am not sure if it's pain or if it's the nausea, or both. He was purring and crouched in the chair, which makes me think pain. Praying he will be better in the morning.

Thank you for your responses.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts