Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning for the first time I recalled something about my Boober kitty that made me smile rather than cry, and I thought I would share.

Boober was always a very clean cat, but our other Kitty, Red is a bit lazier. Boober would frequently pin Red down to give him a good grooming, but he helped in other ways too... There are many times that Mr. Red will go in the litter box to do his business, and then half heartedly sweep at the litter once of twice and the move along. Within moments Boober would come along, with an expression that said, "Ugh. Really, Red?" and he would hop in the litter box to finish covering up.

Well, this morning, true to form, I see Red hop in, go potty, and not cover his business. I know it's silly, but it made me smile.

How do your kitties work as a great tag-team?

·
Registered
786 Posts
That's cute. :) mine do this as well. The youngest cat was found with no mom after a few days old and thrown into a kill shelter so she had no one to teach her cat behavior really. She will always pee against the wall of the litter box and 'burry' it but she ends up covering a totally different spot, her favourite sister will hop in after her, sniff it then burry it for her.

Sometime both of them will groom the older cats head and back after watching her struggle to do it herself. It's so sweet.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I laughed when I read this. Our two cats, Felix and Oscar, got their names from just this type of activity! Oscar is a bit of a slob and Felix was always very fastidious. Oscar lets food drop on the floor when he is eating, Felix would always have a neat clean dish. Oscar digs in the litterbox, but never quite got the covering up stuff part of the process. Felix would do the same thing as your Boober - give Oscar the "not again" look and clean up after him. Felix died in April and Oscar still doesn't cover up after himself in the litterbox - I use the scoop to do it for him.

Boober and Felix are probably comparing notes about their oh so nonchalant buddies. Hugs to you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts