Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm reading the web page of the new town we're gonna be moving to and I'm reading about pet ownership requirements.
Cats need to be licensed - no biggie - it's $2 once they're neutered -
and a rabies vaccine - no problem there either -

but -

Add those to the name/phone number tag I'm going to get them, that's *3* tags! Considering that they are going to be strictly INDOOR cats, do they NEED to wear the license AND the rabies one? Would it be ok if they just wear the name/phone number tag and if they DO happen to get out and picked up I would still have PROOF that they've been vaccinated + licensed . . . or doesn't it work that way? 3 tags for one little indoor cat seems extreme to me . . .

·
Banned
160 Posts
We have the tags, but since we have an indoor cat we don't have our cat wear them. In fact next door they have two indoor/outdoor cats and they don't wear collars either.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm gonna get the kittens collars and a tag with "their" phone number on it - "just in case" they get out. Just wondering if that would be enough if they should happen to be "arrested" if I have their license + rabies tag at home for proof?

My mom's + brother's cats (9 in all) never wore collars either. That just makes me nervous . . . *shudder*

·
Premium Member
8,627 Posts
Mine used to wear collars all the time...four of them still do.
They are all used to collars and cat harnesses.
If I was to be gone for a few days, and had someone coming in to look after them, I would definitely put their collars and ID tags on them, just in case!
One other # thats good to add is your vets phone#! After all, they have your pets records!

·
Registered
728 Posts
I don't put a tag or collar on my cat. Not that he is against it, but I don't see the need for him to wear one. He is microchipped and is afraid of anything beyond the door.

·
Registered
475 Posts
The breeder I got my kitten from had NO COLLARS as the first thing on the contract.

My association requires rabies and license.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts