Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am home alone today and I got my wisdom teeth out yesterday so I am stuck in bed with my Vicodin. Someone needs to take my credit and debit cards away from me, this could get dangerous!! I love to online shop, especially at theanimalrescuesite.com!!

Now if only I could eat solids...

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Eat mashed potatoes!

Getting my wisdom teeth out a few years ago got me obsessed with mashed potatoes. Now I still frequently eat them for breakfast. P:

And haha I know what you mean. Gotta find something to keep yourself occupied during a surgery recovery, and while on vicodin, everything seems like a good idea! Perhaps look into playing some video games if you're into that? My hip surgery recovery was my best raiding month in WoW ever! :D

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
breyers vanilla ice cream+ cream de mint liquer+ blender= hey its medicinal...

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Except you deeeefinitely don't want to drink that while on vicodin. ;)
That depends.

My orthpaedic surgeon's PA gave me straight vicodin (no tylenol) just in case I wanted to have a drink. It's the tylenol(acetaminophen) and alcohol combo that destroys your liver.

After massive shoulder surgery I did wash down my vicodin with rum drinks for quite a few weeks. When they dropped me down to darvocet drinking was a no-no. My primary Doc ran liver tests when I was done and I was fine.

These are the risks we run in a state w/o Medical Marijuana.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
It's not just the liver damage that's a concern, it's also breathing. Both vicodin and alcohol slow your respiration so taking them together runs the risk of stopping it completely. It doesn't always happen as different people react to different drugs and drug combos differently, but it definitely can.

Personally it's a risk I'd never take and I'm very surprised you had a doctor say it was perfectly fine. I was warned not to take vicodin with alcohol every time I've been on it, and it says it right there on the label, and a quick internet search yields pretty much the same, including a number of instances where someone took the risk anyway and went into respiratory arrest.

·
Super Moderator
26,517 Posts
Becky, don't drink and surf the web. You'll drown in debt!!!

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't worry everyone, I am not drinking with my vicodin!! I don't really drink much even when I'm not on it.
Marie, Don't worry, I didn't go broke.
Saitenyo, my mom made me homemade mashed potatoes last night, soooo good. Living across the street from her is the best!

·
Registered
991 Posts
It's not just the online shopping that's a risk, it's getting more cats! When I got my wisdom teeth pulled I ended up with 2 cats not long after.

But that's a GOOD problem!

I hope you recover quickly - the pain goes away soon but dealing with the holes where your teeth were is a pain for months 'cause you get stuff stuck in them!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Homemade banana pudding? especially the kind with cream cheese mixed in :)

I'm about to go collar shopping myself. I found a website a while back ago that makes custom collars, and now that Simone & Pumpkin are bigger I can finally order them some :)

I shouldn't encourage you, but there's nothing wrong with looking right?!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
dealing with the holes where your teeth were is a pain for months 'cause you get stuff stuck in them!
eww...

I've been putting the surgery off for a long time now, and my wisdom teeth are finally coming in at 23 1/2 years! Maybe if I wait a few more years I will only have to get them pulled?

Hope yours heal up quick!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
eww...

I've been putting the surgery off for a long time now, and my wisdom teeth are finally coming in at 23 1/2 years! Maybe if I wait a few more years I will only have to get them pulled?

Hope yours heal up quick!
It's definitely worse when they have to be dug out! Mine were impacted and growing sideways. :[

It's thankfully a pretty easy surgery as far as surgeries go though. The easiest I've had. The worst part is always waking up the first few mornings without painkillers in your system.

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
I am missing two of my adult molars (as in never existed) if that makes you feel better? I have to just try and keep my baby ones as long as possible.
This causes problems as well I'm missing molars on both sides on the bottom (on the up side I've never had or have any sign of wisdom teeth) and the dentist told me that it would cause my uppers to continue to grow (nothing to stop them) and eventually they might need to be filed down to prevent them from cutting my lower gums....

I remember thinking..."You want to float my teeth like a horses? Are you NUTS?"

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Yay for procrastination!!

Ouch :(

I am missing two of my adult molars (as in never existed) if that makes you feel better? I have to just try and keep my baby ones as long as possible.
Heh, it would, except I also had 4 other adult teeth (i think my first top and bottom molars) pulled. XD
My mouth was too small and my teeth are too big! They did not all fit.

I'm sure the kitties are thrilled with you hanging out on bed/couch to cuddle with them while you're sick!
I think pets secretly love injury and illness of their owners! Mine always love when I'm stuck in bed all day.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Heh, it would, except I also had 4 other adult teeth (i think my first top and bottom molars) pulled. XD
My mouth was too small and my teeth are too big! They did not all fit.
Sounds like my little sister. She had space maintainer (sp?) as a little girl, teeth pulled, teeth filed, a weird retainer that expanded her mouth when a key was turned, and many other numerous tortures because her mouth is too small. The dentist said it was like a 2 yr old's mouth! Comparatively, I've been very lucky!

Mow~ did they pull your teeth? My dentist told me to leave the baby molars there, and they might fall out in 20 or so years.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mine were impacted too :(

Sinatra loved me being home today, I woke up from my nap with him massaging my cheeks, lol. He does not like that I'm spending a lot of time at my mom's though. He may have even missed his wet dinner last night if the boyfriend didn't feed them! He has dry though, so he is okay.

I will most definitely be looking at that collar website later, thank you :)

My mom is making me my favorite organic mac n cheese tonight and we are going to watch season one of Modern Family. Beside the pain, this isn't too bad. :) thanks for the well wishes.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Ouch! I hope you're feeling better soon. How about a nice strawberry and banana smoothie? Tell your boyfriend to dig out the blender! I hope at least one of Sinatra or Nutmeg is cuddling with you in the meantime.

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
Mow~ did they pull your teeth? My dentist told me to leave the baby molars there, and they might fall out in 20 or so years.
Nope, he didn't bother to pull any of them. Just said it MAY be an issue as I age.

MowMow and I feel the same way about stuff, as long as we can eat with no problem then it's allllll goooooddd.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts