Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have internship coming up soon and I will leave for 30 days to Florida. My parents don't want to feed raw (they don't eat meat and they don't like handling raw meat). There is no way I can get them to agree, they're my parents, when they say no, it means no. But anyway, they agreed to feed the cats wet food. I am trying to decide between Wellness or EVO. I guess I'll let my cats decide! Do you think it will cause an upset stomach from the diet change? I mean my cats HAVE gotten a hold of commercial cat food several times before (the food I feed ferals). They somehow always get into the food pantry and tear up the bags. And the only thing that happens is their poop smells like DEATH. I feel like they like commercial food way better because whenever they have access to it, they eat like they haven't eaten in a million years. But with raw, they still enjoy, just not as much. But yeah, anyway, it's OK to go back to commercial food during special cases right?

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I don't think there is anything wrong with switching back to canned food. When I go to college my parents will be feeding Willie wet food, my father is afraid he will not be able to get Willie to eat organs considering I am barely able to. In fact I'm incredibly nervous I'm hurting him because I cannot for the life of me get an adequate amount of liver and kidney into him. So it's for the best for Willie. Though I'm glad I won't be here to smell his poop. My only request for my parents was that they have to feed him a chicken wing once a week to clean his teeth, he doesn't like brushing and bones clean his teeth better anyways.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts