Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for those of you who take care of the outside kitties...do you clean there houses too? or do you just leave them alone for the cats to hang out in?

I have a dog igloo on my front porch for the outside cats to eat/sleep in. one cat tends to spray the inside or the igloo. so every now and then I have to clean it with nature's miracle to get rid of the smell.

then in the summer time im going to take apart the igloo and give it a good rinse with soap & water. I did that last summer. :)

thanks

·
Premium Member
9,137 Posts
Nothing wrong with cleaning them. Esp if they are spaying on them. I use natures miracle to clean up traps, houses and affected items like towels and sheets too.

·
Premium Member
9,137 Posts
Thanks for sharing the kitty tube. I hadnt seen one before. I posted it on my fb and Pinterest for people who have feral cats. Plus its made in the US!

I like the awning option too!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks for sharing the kitty tube. I hadnt seen one before. I posted it on my fb and Pinterest for people who have feral cats. Plus its made in the US!

I like the awning option too!
The awning now comes with it. It is around $100. The supposedly were planning on making heated pad for inside .. but I just bought this kind K&H Extreme Weather Kitty Pad? & Cover - Outdoor Heated Cat Beds, Pads, & Bowls - Cats
and it snapped right into place. I did have to work the electrical wires behind the insulation and out through the sides. But I feel much better when the temp drops. I stuck a heat sensitive spy cam in the top. At first it only caught a possum in there... but once they figured out what was inside they sleep in it vs the K&H houses - when it is really cold ... sometimes up to three of them. When it is below 10 degrees ... I am convinced that the shelters and heated mats are the difference between death, injury vs happy healthy ferals.

spycam inside the kittytube: Inside the Kitty Tube - YouTube

1 - 5 of 5 Posts