Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have started teaching my moody cat to walk on a leash in hopes this would help stimulate his mind and prevent his boredom. He has been taking his frustration of what i assume is boredom and extra energy out on the timid cat in the house which causes problems.

I put the harness on him friday, and within a minute or two didnt mind it at all. I hooked up the leash for an hour. After that, since he took to everything so well, I picked him up and dropped him at the front door. He trotted right out of the house and walked on the leash like a champ.

So we have been roaming the apartment complex hallways moving along very well. I think he will really enjoy the walks once he gets accustomed to it. He is a little scared still but moves a long well. Hes a natural.

Well after a few walks, it seems like he must have brought something inside from outside. These are all indoor cats minus them sitting on an enclosed balcony occansionally. Now we have 3 out of 4 vomitting unhappy cats. Nothing has changed far as food or medicine. So this is the only thing I can think of to cause an issue. I assume cats can step in lots of things even in a hallway, lick thier paws and get ill.

Anyone have this problem before? Any suggestions on preventative care? Dont want cats to get ill every walk and want to keep giving walks. Do you think cat should be on flea meds as well? Not sure how easily fleas get transfered.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. thanks!

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Oh no - I hope all the cats feel better soon. Are you taking him outdoors or still inside within the apartment? I would say if going outside start them on flea medicine - or you are asking for a flea infestation.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts