Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cat is 1.5 years old and she has been trained to wear a harness since she was 10 weeks old. I have taken her outdoors with the harness on but I was always cradling her in my arms. Is it okay to try and let her down on the ground? Up to this day I haven’t let her roam the ground outside. Will she be fine and not run away from me? She will have the harness on at all times when outside.

Cat Comfort Hat Textile Carnivore

·
Super Moderator
27,172 Posts
Maybe I'm missing something. If she has the harness on outside, how could she run away from you? Do you not use the leash which attaches to the harness?

Reactions: randomnick

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe I'm missing something. If she has the harness on outside, how could she run away from you? Do you not use the leash which attaches to the harness?
I guess your right. I think I have been reading too much horror stories of owners losing their cats because the harness was too loose. I always make sure my cat’s harness is fitted on securely.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Walk along with her, if she pulls against the harness go with it. if you pull back she may wriggle out of it over her head. My cats did this for a while but I just walked along with them, talking to them and such. It got to the point I didnt bother with the leash any,ore and then abandoned the harness and just walked around with them.

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
If your cat is confident and isn’t afraid of people or other animals while outside, things should work out. My kitty would freak out if she saw anyone or anything while outside. There is no way I would be able to take my little one outside. She would have a heart attack.

·
Super Moderator
27,172 Posts
I would never let mine out because I'm afraid they would always want out. I have a couple friends who wish they had never taken their cats outside because now they sit at the door meowing. Loud. But your cat seems very cool about it.

Actually, Cali snuck outside once and when I discovered her in the twins' bedroom, she had wrangled some poor tiny dog into her room and had slapped a saddle on his back and was trying to lasso her sister. Apparently it wasn't her first rodeo.

Reactions: randomnick
1 - 6 of 6 Posts