Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so mad at Winry right now.

Ok so it's hard to stay mad at her.

But last night she did one of the worst things ever. Possibly worse than anything any of my cats have ever done.

My friend brought her betta over to be babysat by me over the holidays. I thought nothing of leaving his tank on the desk, pushed all the way back. My cats have never bothered any of my bettas before (I have three).

I'm sure you guys know where this is going by now.

I was at work when Winry pushed the tank off the desk, spilling its contents all over the floor. She then proceeded to EAT the betta.

Now I am faced with having to explain this to my friend. I am dreading it... I know it's "just a fish" but she loved that betta... and I can relate because I love my bettas too.

I feel like an awful friend! And Winry... that naughty little demoness. She's rolling around and purring and trying to be so cute. I know I can't blame her... she didn't know any better but still...

How naughty can one handicapped little cat be!!? :-(

·
Registered
8,961 Posts
Wow, she totally trumped Shepherd Book and the vase debacle.....

!! How common looking was the beta? If it were me I'd be headed to a pet shop to see if I could find one exactly like it :p Then keep my mouth shut!

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That thought ran through my mind as I desperately tried to think of what to do...

He was a very uncommon looking betta. He was bought as a "common betta" at a petstore but she believed him to be a "dragon betta" as he was very, very big for a betta with a magnificent crown tail. There is no chance I'm going to find another one quite like him.

I'm just going to be honest about this. It's the right thing to do. I'll offer to get her another betta I guess. Hopefully she forgives me. I am the one who should have known better.

·
Registered
8,961 Posts
If she's a friend I'm sure she'll understand and forgive you(even if she isn't happy with you).

Kind of like the "I may not like you much right now, but i still love you" thing.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Luckily she is like the nicest person and I have never seen her get mad about anything before. I just feel bad enough already, I cannot imagine feeling any better if I was deceitful about this.

·
Super Moderator
26,806 Posts
Asking someone with several cats to fish-sit for you?

I'll take "sushi" for $500, Alex!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Oh BAD Winry! Naughty, naughty kitty!!!

I'm sure your friend will forgive you, but don't expect her to ever ask you to fish-sit again lol. Don't worry too much, it will all work out in the end :)

I outright killed my neice's betta years ago...thankfully it was a common color, she just thought it lost weight :oops: I didn't know much about them at the time, it was a real learning experience!!

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Ah, I feel your pain. I hope your friend will be understanding. I don't know how you would have thought it would be a problem, since you have fish yourself and they leave them alone. These cats seem to be constantly on the look out for that one thing you didn't think they would destroy.

When Kobie was alive, he ate 2 of my room mates budgies. To be fair, I told her he might do that, and she brought another one home after he ate the first one.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Oh goodness. I don't even know what a betta is but I feel for you. These things do happen.

Ah, I feel your pain. I hope your friend will be understanding. I don't know how you would have thought it would be a problem, since you have fish yourself and they leave them alone. These cats seem to be constantly on the look out for that one thing you didn't think they would destroy.

When Kobie was alive, he ate 2 of my room mates budgies. To be fair, I told her he might do that, and she brought another one home after he ate the first one.
Case in point ^. Oh dear, kobie! And another, my old cat (died now), killed my budgie when I was at school. And, it was my mother's fault since she left the cat in the room with my budgie outside his cage. Needless to say, she felt terrible. And I cried and cried and hated the cat for a while. Until I realised I just couldn't hate him anymore...He's just a cat, doing what cats do. YOU JUST CAN'T TRUST THE LITTLE BU*GERS. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts