Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there, i brought home a female cat, Megan from the spca a few weeks ago. When i first brought her home she seemed disoriented and quite well now that she's comfortable she is never quite , well besides when she is napping and eating. She follows me around everywhere i am constantly tripping over her. I think she may be about a year and a half. She is spayed. I just started letting her out and after about 3 hours she is meowing loudly to come in and at 530 in the morning she is meowing to go out. She will just lay on my bed and meow softly at me. Its cute but it keeps me awake as i am a shift worker. I have also tried the water bottle when she is following me around the kitchen and meowing at me and it works as she runs off but at night or during the day when i am sleeping its the meowing in my bed that i am more concerned about. All i have to do is move in my bed and that triggers the meowing as she thinks i am awake and might be getting up. Does anyone have any ideas. I am putting in a cat door for her soon but i doubt she will be outside much as she seems to like it inside more. Help.

thanks
cynthia

·
Registered
454 Posts
If possible, you might try altering her sleeping habits a bit by playing with her before bedtime. I'm not promising, but if you could get here to sleep while you do, she might not talk as much.

Please reconsider the "cat door" arrangement. Cats that stay indoors exculsively tend to live longer. There are no "needs" outdoors" for them. Outdoors just exposes them to more dangers, which they'll likely fall victim to eventually.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My Zoey had "moewing" problem when we first got her. Since I'm a light sleeper, I can't sleep knowing the cat is running around the place. We kept her in a spared bathroom at night, and let her out when I get up. At first she would moew ALL NIGHT,and we would keep checking up on her. Now, we schedule her meal, so she won't have anything to eat after 7pm, and we play with her (fetching game) for about 30 mins before bed time. It tires her out, then we gave her night meal right before we are ready for bed. Now, she just protests a little, and go to bed after about 5 mins. She doesn't start moewing in the morning unless she heard the alarm clock or our foot steps. The only trick is to put her in the bathroom right before the last person goes to bed. All lights need to be out right after she is locked in.... so far so good. Zoey is getting used to this schedule, and I'm getting the sleep I need =D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts