Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo! There is an excellent article by S Hartley about taming adult ferals in the ferals forum. However, to get to touch the cat for the first time, it has to be trapped in a room where it can comfortably hide. My feral comes in and goes out, but I have never forcefully kept her inside the house. I caught her in a cage to have her operated, but released her 3 days after bringing her back from the vet's when sutures were healed.
She used a litter box while caged. If I trap her in the house, might she vanish when I leave her out again ? THAT'S my big question... any advice is welcome. Merci !

·
Registered
13 Posts
From what I've read, I think she'll be "yours" after about six months. That is, if you keep her inside and tend to her needs and make her life safe and comfortable, you can probably let her out and she'll be likely to return to you. Even so, I would tend to be weary and not let her out, unsupervised, for too long. Even the most domesticated cat can fall victim to many perils when allowed to roam freely.

Donna

1 - 3 of 3 Posts