Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
On wednesday, i had my cat patches spayed.. at a spay clinic. they told me she had a tape worm.. it just don't make sense to me. Cause we don't have fleas. or rodents, and she doesnt go out side at all.. so i dont understand how she could have gotten one. Is there other ways they can get one? im gonna wait till her spay heals then go get some meds for it. so i dont have to wrestle with her for the pill. dont want to hurt her. any way any ideas to this mystery will be great

thanks
Joe

·
Registered
142 Posts
I was told all it takes is one flea, so maybe just like the otherposter said... minimal contact from a window sill, or even brought in on your clothes or something from visiting other animals? (I dont actually know if thats possible, do fleas travel on clothing?) But the important part I remember is it doesnt take an infestation, it just takes one. Hope that helps, and most importantly, hope your kitty feels better soon from her surgery :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just found out Vana has a tapeworm at her checkup up. I just adopted her a year ago, and she is an inside cat. The vet said she probably already had it when i adopted her. When they give the shelter cats worm medicine it doesn't take care of the tapeworm. So the vet gave her an injection that is supposed to take care of the problem.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got Tapeworm meds today

got her the pill today.. now just a waiting game.. also how long does it take to rid her of the worm.. and start showing signs of weight gain?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts