Cat Forum banner

tassee might have flies

969 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  edie 
#1 ·
I was brushing her out the other day and accouple jumped on the grooming glove I ordered a flea comb since im diabled and cant go shopping how do I get her used to being groomed she cries the hole time that im doing it alao she doesn't like getting cleaned under her tail I have to straddle her which I have to put my arms around her back legs she gets very angry is there an easier way to her I thinking of ordering some butt wipes for cats but I don't want to force it on her some one please help me she is about 7 yrs old we adopted her about 3 yrs ago she has many bahavable issues I have a feeling why the owner got rid of her she bites and scratgers suddenly out of the blue one minute she is very cuddly and the next minute look out me and my mom have been finding out when she attack mode her eyes are very big and mode and when she in the cuddly mood her eyes very small diamond shape some one please help me and mom with our little demon we want to keep her but she not making it easy

#2 ·
I've been very lucky in that I haven had fleas with any of my cats for many years, so am not really up on latest flea treatments, tho I think a vet can recommend something and there are new treatments available.. As far as using a flea comb, just do it a little at a time starting with an area the cat likes scratched....cheeks? its back? do a small amount and then feed a treat so the cat associates the combing with something good. Don't force it, and if cat objects strongly stop. Try and do a little every day. If her pupils are dilating and she looks like she's going to attack, distract her by throwing a little paper ball, or toy, or scratching you fingers on paper.

#3 ·
Is her poop getting matted in her tail? You will have to wrap her tightly in a towel to keep her still. This often happens to some cats that have long hair......if she has longhair, use a pair of blunt-nose scissors or nose scissors and carefully trim back the hair around the anus, and that will prevent poop from sticking in her fur there. Does she not groom her bottom herself? If she is very fat, some cats are unable to keep themselves clean. Hope some of these suggestions work for you.

#4 ·
she cant reach behind her tail her tail always wraps under her butt she always cleans herself but she cant really reach under her tail she isn't fat also her coat is very short but she does shed a lot that's why im trying to get rid of her dead coat

#5 ·
she cant reach behind her tail she isn't fat her tail always covers her rear she cleans her selve an awful lot when ever I look under her tail to see if she needs it cleaned she dash away real quick even when I touch her tail she will run she things im gonna do it when ever I get near her tail with that demon attitude she been pretty good last couple of days

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.