Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've tried searching on here for any discussion on TCFeline mix... only found two I believe...

I tried this mix (with liver) with plain chicken breast, Aggie turns her nose up at it. Doesn't even want to lick it more than once.

Was wondering what people's experiences with this is? Or premixes in general?

At the moment she is on an all canned diet, mostly grain free. But my pockets are burning haha :flame

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Evince,

I've never tried any type of commercial supplementation mix, but I'm wondering if you're trying to covert Aggie to raw or are you using the raw meats as supplementation to her current canned diet?

PMR diets are pretty cheap and easy to do, just takes a bit of work to chop, weigh, and portion meals every once in a while. Hint: If you do serve Aggie chicken, next time, save your chicken breast for yourself and give her a bit of chicken heart, or thighs instead. Dark muscle meats are better for cats since it is very rich in taurine. Breasts do very little muscle work and is very lean, so better to eat that for yourself. Cats do better with some fatty meats, so thighs/drumsticks are more nutritious.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi TC :)

I'm hoping to eventually get her to raw completely, or at least 80%.

I tried PMR before, and it was really overwhelming, trying to get all the ratios right. Plus Aggie had really bad diarrhoea for a continued time, which scared me. Then I tried adding commercial raw, Primal, The Honest Kitchen to her diet... which she at first liked, but then recently just turned her nose up at. So we're back to canned for now and I thought maybe I'd try a commercial mix first?

Ok noted on the chicken breast, thanks so much for the tip! :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts