Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would have been really cool if he'd kept on the same glasses, too! Amazing time lapse photos!! Aging stinks.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
I love this! Who would have thought to do that. I'm guessing he probably wore the same outfit for the first few years and someone joked with him about it, so he decided to wear it every year.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
haha...no headache with deciding which to wear. Its vanity that makes us keep changing our outfit, lol. Anyway, its like working in an organisation that require staff to wear uniform, that's just his assumed school uniform for teacher.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
that's bizarre lol. unless he had five sweater vests and shirts all exactly the same.

he didn't age that poorly, I mean everyone gets old. love those gigantic Elliot Gould/Shelly Berman glasses. :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Here's the explanation (Huffington Post)

If variety is the spice of life, Dale Irby's yearbook photos are white bread -- 40 straight years of the same delightful white bread.
Irby recently retired after a 40-year career as a physical education teacher in the Dallas area. During that time, in every single yearbook photo, he donned the exact same polyester shirt and brown v-neck sweater -- an occurrence that started by accident.
“I was so embarrassed when I got the school pictures back that second year and realized I had worn the very same thing as the first year,” Dale explained to the Dallas Morning News.
After that, his wife dared him to wear the outfit just one last time, to make it three years in a row. He accepted the challenge. From there, says Irby, he decided five years would be a better stopping point, but after that, he just kept going.
Indeed, a video montage of the photos, assembled by the Dallas Morning News, shows Irby not only rocked the same outfit -- he also had the same moustache. Throughout the four decades, Irby could have saved money by keeping the same glasses as well. By the video's end, he's returned to Buddy Holly-inspired thick black frames similar to the same ones he started with way back in 1973.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts