Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! My sweet 4 yr. old male has been climbing on my screens from the outside and ripping huge holes in them. Now, our other 2 cats are doing the same! What is causing this behavior? How can we stop it! We've caught them only a couple of times in the act and squirted them with water, but they still climb! I've talked with our Vet but they had no answers.

Answers Anyone?

Thanks

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi... I used to have that problem with my housemate's cats. I suppose they like the view up there, or just think its some fun thing to do... I can only suggest that you might want to consider changing your fly screen to a metal one? or else keep patching it up the old one... I know its frustrating.... I spent abit fixing up mine. Or you could keep your fingers crossed and wait until they get bored with the screen? :wink: Also, you could try distracting them with other things around the house? Like a toy or their scratching post?

·
Registered
365 Posts
try some scratching posts. If you can afford it by a really tall one they could climb. It sounds like your cats are just bored. My bengal loves heights she use to climb everything to get up to the top of the windows but we got her a scratching post that goes to the ceiling and we put it by the window, now she is so happy!

·
Registered
865 Posts
Perhaps you could attach something to the door so it would scare the cat? A bell or something? I dunno - I find that's the best method.

·
Registered
220 Posts
You say in your first post that the cats are apparently trying to get inside, because they are tearing up the screens from the outside. Are they outside cats? If so, maybe they want inside?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts