Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really good about training cats to use the scratching post.. To the extent that only one of cats doesn't use it - Teddy. He does learn slower than others and he hasn't done and damage until recently.

He has a hole on the arm of the couch that we're going to throw out once we move. We bought a new suede sofa and we're concerned on how to keep his little paws off of it. We're considering getting him Soft Claws to assist in training, but I never had a stubborn kitty before. I'm planning on replacing the small scratching post with a Cat Tree also. The small scratching post is, well, nearly ruined.. Our second scratching post is more of a play toy to them, its round with a 'cave' in it. They like running around it, in the hole and out.

Any tips?

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I could use some advice here, also. We are getting a couch and recliner from my boyfriend's parents soon, and I do not want them torn up. I have never been able to train Stephen to use any type of scratching post.

I'd like to try Soft Paws, but she hates me trimming her nails. I can only imagine what glueing covers on them might bring... :evil:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts