Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Teddy has an eye problem to where he couldn't open his eyes all the way. I was going to take him to the vet this week but my grandma didnt give me the money she owed me. I now have it. His eyes were pretty bad today, didn't like opening them. So I've been washing them off several times a day. Someone suggested I give him saline eye drops, which I did because she works for a vet. Now he won't open his eyes at all! I'm really worried! :cry: What can I do? My vet's closed, and not opened til Monday. If I wait til Monday, I'll be at school til around 2 - 4. But I can call and make an appointment at that time. I'm so lost, and so worried that I did something so terribly wrong.

When I open his eyes myself, I see his inner-lids covering his eyes and they're really red. :cry:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Aonir said:
Teddy has an eye problem to where he couldn't open his eyes all the way. I was going to take him to the vet this week but my grandma didnt give me the money she owed me. I now have it. His eyes were pretty bad today, didn't like opening them. So I've been washing them off several times a day. Someone suggested I give him saline eye drops, which I did because she works for a vet. Now he won't open his eyes at all! I'm really worried! :cry: What can I do? My vet's closed, and not opened til Monday. If I wait til Monday, I'll be at school til around 2 - 4. But I can call and make an appointment at that time. I'm so lost, and so worried that I did something so terribly wrong.

When I open his eyes myself, I see his inner-lids covering his eyes and they're really red. :cry:

It sounds like conjunctivitis. I don't think there's much you can do until you can get him to a vet. I would just try to open his eyes so the fluid can drain and clean them up as much as possible. The vet will probably prescribe an ointment or drops for him. Just try to get him there as soon as you can. Poor thing's probably very uncomfortable. :(

Here's a website with some info for you. Good luck!

http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body_he ... vitis.html

·
Registered
10,241 Posts
I dont know what advice to give you except hopefully you can get it to the vet asap. Just wanted to wish you and the kitty luck on its eye, I hope it gets to be normal soon :D

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We washed his eyes out with water within 24 hours of him not opening his eyes. His eyes are now back to the 'goofy' self, that still requires vet attention. My vet doesn't open til 1 hr from now(in which I'll be in class). I'm gonna call him inbetween classes and pray I can get at least him in today, and make an appointment for the other 3 to get their shots.

·
Registered
47 Posts
does sound like conjunctivitis, I hope you get to the vet and get it sorted

the vet will probably give you fucidin ointment, and it will clear up in a couple of days

my cat has had it, and I was really worried, but it cleared up fine
but initially we were distraught as he couldn't open either of his eyes, and when he finally managed to open them the third lids were almost closed

but don't worry looks worse than it is
our cat just slept until we got the ointment and put that in
he didn't seem too bothered, except for when we tried to wake him to check his eyes then he would rub them

good luck
let us know how it goes

1 - 6 of 6 Posts