Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you brush your cat's teeth? If so, what do you use? My vet said to use gauze (or nylon such as panty hose). I have been using gauze but was wondering if a toothbrush (which one?) would work better? Also it is hard to find the rough gauze, most of what I can find is pretty soft.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
978 Posts
My suggestion would be a toothbrush made for an infant or toddler. They're small and not too rough.

I would use an enzymatic toothpaste such as CET. It works even if you don't scrub the teeth. The primary concern with it is getting it on the teeth.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I use a malt flavored cat toothpaste that they like. The trick is to find one they like. My vet said you can use dog toothpaste also - the stores around here seem to carry more flavors for dogs than cats, but my boys like the malt flavored cat toothpaste.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
106 Posts
Tequila will let me brush his teeth without too much hassle. With Maya, I let her chew on the brush and I wiggle it around her mouth. It's better than nothing.
I use a little tooth brush that has a tip on the end given to me by the vet with the CET chicken flavor toothpaste.
As well, I give Tequila an enzadent dental chew. He loves them, Maya not so much. But the dental chews also help.

·
Registered
235 Posts
All I did was to give him feline greenies and Proden which helps very much with his breath, not sure if it really does help with tartar problem cos he didn't have such problem in the 1st place.
I use Proden PlaqueOff and think it's great! Tinker had bad tartar and red gums and after 10 weeks I saw a huge improvement. I think someone said that when it's eaten it releases something that comes out in the saliva and makes like a film over the teeth to stop stuff sticking to it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.