Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, now the thyroid level is normal, but found out Misty has teeth problems.

Vet tech at current vet's office used to work for a vet dentist. She checked Misty's teeth and said she has a couple teeth that are being reabsorbed by the body and that it's very painful. Misty acts fine and shows no symptoms of pain. However, I do want to do what's best for her and have them removed.

Tech recommended that I take her to the dentist she used to work for. I checked the price and it's outrageous....$300 for diagnostic tests and anywhere from $500 to $3,000 for procedure, depending on what needs to be done. Yikes! That is a huge price difference. There is just no way I can even afford the $500.

If I find another vet that feels comfortable with removing the teeth, would that be an option or do I need the dentist?

Thanks for all your help!

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
So your current vet doesn't do dental work? I thought most vets would clean and pull teeth, if needed.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Me too...my vet does it...but only if absolutely neccessary...they will try to save the teeth through cleaning first.

Did they say which teeth it was and whether they were impacting at the same time...reabsorbing is actually rare though a double line is not so much and can usually be delt with by simple pulling..that said...thyroid problems and medication could lend to this issue.

Is there another vet who could do the work for you?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts