Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The large tooth is a molar from my Quarter Horse colt, Half Moon, he was born in 1988 and I found the tooth in the dirt of the corral about 1990.
The tiny canine tooth on the left is from Squirrely-Jo, 2001.
The middle molar is from Marmalade (1996-2008), 1996.
The molar on the right is from one of my fosters: Bella or Mischy, 2009.

·
Super Moderator
26,343 Posts

·
Registered
12,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The "root" part of Marmy's tooth broke off in the container I saved it in, otherwise it would look just like the newest one from the fosters.

The horse molar is definitely interesting.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I know this is a cat forum, but I just had to say that those cat teeth look so much like my dogs teeth from when she was a baby. We still have them somewhere, all the ones we could find that is. That's a trip down memory lane, it's hard to remember when she was so tiny, she's almost 12 now and dying of cancer. I've never seen a horse molar before, that's pretty amazing!

·
Registered
12,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, JC, I'm sorry to hear about your declining pup. 12 is a fabulous age for a dog to reach. A dozen wonderful years of love, lucky dog.

No, they didn't get any "monies", but I did give them each a treat after I found the tooth! Moon though, he had already moved on (sold) to a different home by the time I found that tooth.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Thought you might like this one guys. I noticed mid week that my poor little baby, Spot, is eating very very slow, and not cleaning up all his feed. I saw him gaping his mouth when he eats, and he's been really crabby, pulling away from me when I go to give him his kisses before I leave the barn. I knew then he'd need to be seen by the vet, and have his teeth checked for sharp points. I thought maybe too, since he is just turning 3 this year, that he might be losing his molars. I had a call into the vet, trying to get him scheduled, but they were supposed to call me back saturday, and never did. Well today, hubby went out in the afternoon to feed some hay, and let Spot out of his stall. And right there it was, my babies first big molar! He's been working on this for the last week and a half! But if you notice, on the very right side of that tooth, there is one heck of a sharp point! It looks like a birds beak! And probably on the big molar next to that one, will be another sharp point that will need to be fixed. So I'm calling monday again, to try to get him in to see the vet! Ouch! Imagine that big sharp point poking him in the gums!

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Dave said this morning, that Spot cleaned up every lick of his hay from last night! Yeh! So he's obviously feeling much better now that he's dropped that baby tooth. We normally have the horses teeth floated every spring, but I can see by that sharp point, Spot will need to have his done in fall also.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts