Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my cats, Huckle was sitting on my lap today - I was scratching his chin, which he loves, but he kept moving his head away, so I started investigating in his mouth to see what was wrong. One of his lower canine's is coming out!
Has anyone ever seen this before? I am assuming he had a cavity...and this is the end result....
He's eating just fine, and behaving normal otherwise, but I don't have money until thursday to take him to the vet. Do you think he will be okay until then? I'm not sure what to do....my vet will take me, and allow me to pay on thursday.....do you suppose that is what I should do?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
How old is your kitty? you may consider brushing kitty's teeth from now on ;) Or bringing him to the vet for an ocassional teeth cleaning.

·
Banned
1,014 Posts
If he is only about 6 months old, then he is losing his baby teeth. If he is older than this, however, you will want to take him to the vet when you can. Chances are that isn't the only tooth that has a cavity and they are very painful! It isn't an emergency, however, and can wait until you get paid.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts